Arugula Salad with Lemon-Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk lemon juice and mustard together. Add anchovies and garlic. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
- To prepare salad, toss arugula and celery with half the vinaigrette. Season with pepper. Top with pecorino and almonds. Store remaining vinaigrette in refrigerator.
Recipe by Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln Restaurant in Portland, Ore.