Arugula Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2ounce dried mushrooms (such as porcini or shiitake)
- 1cup roughly chopped cremini mushrooms
- 2ounces fresh arugula, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 18 cremini mushrooms, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dried mushrooms and warm water to cover. Let stand until mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove water.
- Combine dried mushrooms, chopped cremini mushrooms, arugula, garlic and walnuts in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add oil, cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Place cremini mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon arugula mixture into each cap. Bake 10 minutes. Makes 18 caps.