Artichoke Spinach Strata
- Yield 10 servings
Sweet bell peppers are balanced by briny artichoke hearts and robust spinach in this crowd pleasing brunch dish.
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (6.5-ounce) jars artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed, picked over and chopped
- 4 slices 7-grain bread
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chopped red pepper, onion, artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Tear bread into crouton-sized pieces and layer bottom of baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes, or until eggs fluff up and are fully cooked.