Artichoke Phyllo Squares
- Yield: 48 servings
- 2-- (16-ounce) cans artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1-- (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-- egg
- -- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1-- (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 1/4cups melted margarine
- Combine artichokes, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, egg, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper in bowl; mix well.
- Place 1 sheet phyllo dough on buttered 9×13-inch baking dish; brush with margarine. Fold in edges of phyllo to fit dish. Repeat process until half the phyllo dough is layered in dish.
- Spread artichoke filling in prepared dish. Top with remaining phyllo dough, brushing each layer with margarine.
- Cut into 48 squares with sharp knife. Bake at 400F for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Wheeling’sThe Best of Wheeling (Wheeling, West Virginia, 1994).