Artichoke Olive Salsa
- Yield 16 servings
Artichoke hearts and olives produce a delicious briny flavor which comes to life when mixed with roma tomatoes and fresh basil.
Try this contemporary salsa with baked pita chips or cut up veggies.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic and basil together in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the grated cheese into the salsa if using. Add enough olive oil so that the salsa reaches desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving, or until flavors have melded to preference.