Artichoke Olive Salsa
- Yield: 16 servings
Try this contemporary salsa with baked pita chips or cut up veggies.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 to 2tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic and basil together in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the grated cheese into the salsa if using. Add enough olive oil so that the salsa reaches desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving, or until flavors have melded to preference.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 28
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat -.1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 101mg
- Potassium 149mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 1g