- Yield 8 servings
Serve this artichoke fritata as an appetizer at your next gathering.
- 2 -- (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (reserve liquid)
- 3 -- green onions, chopped
- 1 -- garlic clove, chopped
- 4 -- eggs
- 6 -- soda crackers, crumbled
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Drain marinade from the artichokes into a skillet. Chop the artichokes and set aside. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Saute until onions are limp. In a bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk. Add soda crackers, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, parsley, artichokes, and onion mixture. Pour mixture into a buttered 8×8-inch pan. Bake at 325F for 35 to 40 minutes until set. Let cool in pan, then cut into bite size squares. Can be served warm or cold.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Eugene’s A Taste of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon, 1980).