- Yield: 16 servings
- 2-- (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6cups light cream
- 6-- eggs, beaten
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Rinse and drain the artichoke hearts; cut into quarters. Saute onion in butter in large skillet until soft. Add artichoke hearts. Cook until light brown. Let stand until cool. Mix cream with eggs in large bowl. Let stand until cool. Mix cream with eggs in large bowl. Stir in sauteed mixture. Season with salt and pepper.. Pour into 2-quart au gratin dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).