Artichoke and Onion Couscous
- Yield 8 servings
Dress up plain couscous with canned artichoke hearts.
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in fourths
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add enough water to beef broth and oil to make 2 cups and bring to a boil. Add couscous, stir, remove from heat and cover for 7 minutes.
- In a small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Transfer couscous to a serving dish and add onion mixture, artichoke hearts, parsley and cheese, tossing. Serve warm or room temperature.