Artichoke and Mizithra Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- 12ounces jar marinated artichoke hearts in oil
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1cup onion, chopped fine
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 28ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4cup Mizithra cheese, shredded
- 1/4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6ounces can California black, ripe olives, sliced
- 1pound spaghetti, cooked tender
1. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving the oil.
2. Heat artichoke marinade and olive oil in skillet on medium-low heat.
3. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onions and garlic are soft and transluscent about 10 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to skillet and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add drained artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, Mizithra cheese, parsley, and olives. Stir gently and simmer another 5 minutes.
6. Pour over 1 lb. cooked pasta. (Follow package directions for cooking pasta.)