Arroz con Pollo
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- whole chicken cut up in pieces
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cups white rice
- 3-- garlic cloves
- 1/2-- large green pepper
- 1-- yellow onion
- 1/2-- can of tomato sauce (about 4 ounces)
- 1-- can of red pimentos, drained
- 1-- can of small peas
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/8-- black pepper
- 1/2-- cup of white wine
- 1/8-- saffron threads
- 3cups chicken broth
- 1-- bay leaf
- 1-- can of beer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and dry the chicken pieces. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Put the 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of chicken broth together in an oven safe dutch oven.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, prepare the sofrito: Slice the onion, garlic and green pepper into small pieces. Heat up the olive oil and add the vegetables on medium heat. As the vegetables soften, add the tomato sauce. Add the chicken pieces to give them flavor and brown them a little.
- Take the skillet mixture (chicken and sofrito) and add it to the dutch oven with rice and broth. Add the bay leaf.
- Cook in the oven for about 45-1 hour.
- Once the mixture is cooked, add the can of beer.
- Put the peas and pimentos on top. Enjoy!