Orange Chicken Arriba
- Yield: servings
- 3-- # Chicken Breast
- 1-- # sliced onions
- 1/2-- # julienne green bell pepper
- 1/2-- # sliced mushrooms
- 1cup egg whites
- 1cup water
- 1cup rice flour
- 1cup corn starch
- 2tablespoons minced ginger
- 1teaspoon minced habanero pepper
- 1/2-- C minced garlic
- 1/2-- C sweet chili sauce
- 1/2-- C mirin
- 2tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons citrus vinegar
- 2cups Soy Sauce
- 3cups Orange Juice
- 1/2-- C Sugar
- 2tablespoons scallions
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
2. Mix batter and keep in large bowl
3. Transfer chicken to the bowl of batter and let sit.
4. Sweat garlic, habanero pepper, and ginger in oil in a sauce pan for 5 minutes
5. Add sweet chili sauce and continue to sweat additional 5 minutes
6. Add all ingredients but the scallions and bring to a simmer
7. Add scallions and simmer for 1 minute
8. Thicken sauce with a cornstarch slurry (store for later use)
9. saute chicken off in wok or pan
10. Stir fry all veggies in wok or large pan. Also add a little orange zest to the stir fry.
11. When veggies appear cooked and crunchy, add cooked chicken.
12. Pour enough sauce into wok to coat and stir it all together over high heat.
13. Serve over brown rice
14. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.