Apricot Sweet Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
"I don't know where I received this recipe but I have had it on a card in my recipe box for years. Everywhere I take it, there are several wanting the recipe."
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can apricots in syrup
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Bake or boil the sweet potatoes until tender, and set aside to cool. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch thick pieces, and place them into the prepared dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour about 1 cup of the juice from the canned apricots into a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and stir together over medium-low heat until the mixture boils. Add the butter. Layer the apricots over the sweet potatoes. Pour the liquid over the top. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Dorothy Hutchins, Carthage, Mo.