- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 1/2cups spelt flour
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 3teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup sugar + 2 tablespoons, divided
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 250grams ricotta
- 1teaspoon rose water
- 6-8 apricots, washed, divided in half and stone removed
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350F. Oil a 9-inch round cake or springform pan and place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place eggs, zest and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is pale and thick, about 3 minutes. Set the mixer to its lowest speed and beat in the ricotta.
- Add the dry ingredients, beating only until they are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place as many apricots as you can fit on top of the batter and sprinkle them with the extra sugar.
- Bake cake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 and a half hours, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and let the cake cool for at least 30 minutes. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe has been posted with permission and originally appeared as Apricot Ricotta Cake on Honest Cooking.