Apricot Pistachio Baked Yogurt
- Yield 6 servings
Greek yogurt is strained to ensure the creamiest consistency then baked. Pistachios and apricots are sautéed sweet in honey and drizzled over this luxurious yogurt breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and roughly diced
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pour the Greek yogurt in a sieve and let sit, covered, over a bowl for at least an hour in the refrigerator. Discard the excess liquid that drips into the bowl.
- In a separate large bowl combine the thickened yogurt and the condensed milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour yogurt milk mixture into a medium sized baking dish or individual ramekins. Bake in for 20-30 minutes, or until the yogurt is set. Baking time will depend on the size of the dish used.
- While the yogurt is baking, combine the honey and a teaspoon or two of water over low heat. Once the honey has melted add the apricots and pistachios.
- Cook honey apricot mixture over a low heat for 2- to 3 minutes, or until the apricots begin to turn golden and become fragrant.
- Drizzle the honeyed pistachios and apricots over the baked yogurt. Enjoy warm or chilled in the fridge.