Apricot Olive Bulghur
- Yield 4 servings
Add some whole grains to the menu with this fruit side dish featuring black olives and apricots.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, slivered
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 cups cooked bulgur
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, halved
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews, ground
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinder vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- -- Kosher salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute just until golden. Add apricots and apple juice and remove from heat. Cover and steep for 10 minutes until apricots are plump. In a large mixing bowl combine bulgur with apricots, olives, cashews and parsley. Mix in vinegar and cinnamon and season to taste with salt and cayenne. Serve warm or room temperature.