Apricot Olive Bulghur
- Yield 4 servings
Add some whole grains to the menu with this fruit side dish featuring black olives and apricots.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, slivered
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 cups cooked bulgur
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, halved
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews, ground
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinder vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Kosher salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute just until golden. Add apricots and apple juice and remove from heat. Cover and steep for 10 minutes until apricots are plump. In a large mixing bowl combine bulgur with apricots, olives, cashews and parsley. Mix in vinegar and cinnamon and season to taste with salt and cayenne. Serve warm or room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee