Apricot-Glazed Chicken Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 minutes
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4-- boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 6cups torn Romaine lettuce
- 3cups torn baby spinach
- 1cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8-- grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2-- sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1-- red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2cup pine nuts
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- -- Apricot Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing
- Heat oven to 350F. For glaze, in a small dish mix apricot preserves and mustard. Set aside. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium high; add chicken breasts and brown on both sides about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to baking dish. Brush chicken on both sides with apricot glaze. Bake 350F oven 15 to 20 minutes turning once and basting halfway through cooking time till chicken is well done. Remove from oven and cover with foil while assembling other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss Romaine lettuce, spinach, cabbage, tomato, onion, bell pepper and dried cherries. Mound on 4 dinner plates. Top with warm sliced chicken. Sprinkle with feta cheese, pine nuts and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Apricot Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing: In a small bowl, with hand held blender or whisk mix 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Slowly add 2 tablespoons olive oil, blend.