Apricot Crumble Squares
- Yield: 48 pieces
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package light yellow cake mix
- 1/2cup margarine, melted
- 1 (16-ounce jar apricot preserves, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4cup finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Combine yellow cake mix and margarine in a large mixing bowl and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan. Carefully spread preserves, reserving 1/3 cup, over crumb mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add reserved preserves, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla, beating well. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over top of preserves. Add almonds to the reserved crumbs and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and center is set. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares and refrigerate.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 91
- Fat 2.2g
- Saturated Fat .6g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 116mg
- Carbohydrate 16.8g
- Protein 1.3g