- Yield 16 servings
A low-fat quick bread that's as good as cake.
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Pour boiling water over the apricots to cover and let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the egg, then stir in the sugar. Add the melted margarine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add alternately with the orange juice to the sugar mixture. Stir in the apricots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.