Apricot-Basted Pork Satay with Grilled Fruit
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 11 mins
Marinated in an Apricot Barbecue Sauce, pork tenderloin is grilled and served with wine- and honey-basted grilled fruit.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut in 3-inch strips, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small fresh pineapple, cut in spears or 1 (17-ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 4 -- fresh peaches, pitted and quartered
- 6 -- fresh apricots, halved
- 6 -- plums, halved
- Apricot Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Wine and Honey Baste:
- 2 tablespoons port
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Marinate pork strips in Apricot Barbecue Sauce overnight or at least 2 hours. Drain strips and reserve sauce for basting.
Thread strips on skewers. Brush skewered pork with reserved sauce and place on lightly greased grill over direct heat.
Grill for about 7 minutes, turning skewers occasionally. Brush meat with sauce; continue to turn skewered strips about 4 minutes or until done.
About 10 minutes before serving, thread pineapple spears, apricots, peaches and plum halves on skewers. Brush fruit with Wine and Honey Baste before and during grilling. Serve when heated through.
Apricot Barbecue Sauce: Combine thoroughly 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup wine vinegar, 1/2 cup apricot nectar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder.
Wine and Honey Baste: Combine thoroughly 2 tablespoons Port, 3 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons melted butter.