Applesauce Breakfast Parfait
- Yield 4 servings
This breakfast staple is packed with protein and fiber to get your day started!
To save time, parfaits can be made up to 4 hours ahead.
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes, cut into halves
- 2 cups chunky cinnamon or plain applesauce
- 2 cups granola
- 1 cup vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Select 4 large wine glasses or serving bowls for parfaits. Combine apple and grapes in a small bowl.
- Layer 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup granola and 2 tablespoons yogurt in each serving glass. Add fresh fruit, about 1/3 cup per serving. Repeat layers of applesauce, granola and yogurt. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon toasted walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association