Apple Walnut Salad with Raspberry Splash
- Yield 2 servings
A winter salad that stars apples, walnuts and creamy blue cheese.
- 1 Granny Smith, fuji or gala apple, sliced into thin wedges
- Fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces field greens
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon walnut or hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry, red wine, apple cider or fig vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning. Arrange greens on a platter. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, walnuts, cheese, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well. Top greens with apple mixture and serve.