- 1cup cornmeal
- 1cup flour, preferably spelt flour
- 4teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup milk, rice milk or soy milk
- 1/4cup canola oil or olive oil
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2cup walnut, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla, milk and oil.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine, but be careful not to over beat the mixture. Add the apples and walnuts and stir them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
Recipe by Jen of Domestic Divas, courtesy of Meatless Monday
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 197
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 225mg
- Potassium 98mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 3g