- Yield 18 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple, preferably a tart one such as Granny Smith
Heat oven to 375F.
Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups.
Put Topping ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix with a fork, then crumble with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
To prepare batter, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
Break eggs into another bowl; add sour cream and melted butter and whisk until well blended. Stir in diced apple.
Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and fold until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
Top each with a generous portion of topping.
Bake 20 minutes or until browned and a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool at least 1 hour.