Apple Spice Cake
- Yield: 15 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
The blend of spice and fruit, especially plump juicy raisins, wake up your taste buds with the very first bite. This cake is especially good right from the oven, served with a warm cup of apple cider.
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 2cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups self-rising flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1tablespoon apple bake or allspice seasoning
- 3cups chopped, peeled apples
- 1cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans -- your choice)
- 1cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer 5 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add in flour, baking soda and apple bake/allspice seasoning. Mix well.
- Stir in apples, nuts and raisins. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until a pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.