Apple Spice Cake
- Yield 15 servings
- Prep 30 minutes
- Cook 50 minutes
The aroma of this wonderful cake makes you think of Grandma's kitchen on a winter day.
The blend of spice and fruit, especially plump juicy raisins, wake up your taste buds with the very first bite. This cake is especially good right from the oven, served with a warm cup of apple cider.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple bake or allspice seasoning
- 3 cups chopped, peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans -- your choice)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer 5 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add in flour, baking soda and apple bake/allspice seasoning. Mix well.
- Stir in apples, nuts and raisins. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until a pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.