- Yield 9-12 servings
Crushed pineapple, lemon jello, and cream cheese surround sweet, diced apples
"My friend, Lucille, gave me this recipe, and I have added a bit to it for more flavor. Sometimes I add lemon juice and 1/2 package peach Jell-O."
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 3-ounce package lemon Jell-O
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar. Boil three minutes.
- Add Jell-0. Stir until dissolved.
- Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery, and whipped topping.
- Pour into a 9-inch square pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Use mini-bundt pans or a decorative mold and serve over lettuce with apple slices.
Ruth Stafford, Limestone, Tenn.