Apple Salad with Toasted Walnuts, Blue Cheese and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 apples (Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji), any or a combination of all, skin left on, core removed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 heads endive, thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 pound blue cheese, crumbles (recommended: Maytag, Danish, Cabreles)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the pomegranate molasses, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- For the salad: Combine the apples, spinach, endive, walnuts and blue cheese in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper, to taste.