Apple Rum Cake with Raisins
- Yield: 16 servings
- 3/4cup dark rum
- 4cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 2cups flour
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 2teaspoons apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2cups sugar
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 2-- eggs, beaten
- 1cup raisins
- -- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- -- Whipped cream (optional)
- Pour the rum over the apples in a bowl, tossing to mix.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt together.
- Beat the sugar, oil and eggs in a mixer bowl until blended. Stir in half the dry ingredients.
- Stir the raisins into the apple mixture. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Stir into the egg mixture. Spoon into a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
NOTE: Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Buffalo, Great Lake Effects, Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings (The Junior League of Buffalo, Inc., 1997).