Apple Raisin Pie
User Submitted Recipe by Debra Paulus
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- 4cups sliced fresh apples
- 1cup water
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1cup California raisins
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3tablespoons butter
- 2 prepared 9-inch pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook apples in water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Sift flour, sugar, and cinnamon into raisins. Add apples.
- Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry crust. Pour filling into crust and dot with butter. Place strips of other pastry crust in lattice design over filling.
- Bake at 450F 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake for 45 minutes.