Apple Raisin Pie
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 25 minutes
- Cook 1 hour
A simple, beautiful pie with apples and raisins.
- 4 cups sliced fresh apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 prepared 9-inch pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook apples in water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Sift flour, sugar, and cinnamon into raisins. Add apples.
- Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry crust. Pour filling into crust and dot with butter. Place strips of other pastry crust in lattice design over filling.
- Bake at 450F 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake for 45 minutes.