Apple Pecan French Toast
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
"Because this recipe is made the night before serving, it's great for busy people."
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium Jonathan or McIntosh apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil spray or melted butter
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 12 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butted
- Maple syrup
- Place eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, apples and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mist bottom of a 12-by-8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Place bread slices in a single layer in pan. Pour egg mixture over bread. Turn bread slices over to coat other side. Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 425F. Remove pan from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle pecans over top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bread slices puff. Serve with maple syrup.
Recipe by Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio