Apple Pear Magic Cobbler
- Yield 8 servings
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried pears, chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup turbinado or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple or apricot juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising yellow cornbread mix (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine apples, pears, turbinado sugar and fruit juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Pour melted butter into 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine granulated sugar, cornbread mix and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, eggs and maple syrup until well blended. Do not overbeat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit and juice over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 20 minutes for ramekins or 35 minutes for baking dish, until crust rises to the top and browns.
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn, Relish Prop and Food Stylist