- Yield 2 dozen
A wonderful way to celebrate autumn, this heart-healthy muffin is great anytime of the day.
- 4 cups raisin-bran cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the margarine and sugars until fluffy. Add the egg and mix. Fold in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the four, cinnamon and soda. Add this gradually to the sugar-egg mixture, making sure there are no lumps. Add the chopped apple.
- Fill the muffin tins almost to the top of each cup. Bake for 15 minutes.