Apple Honey Crisp
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds apples, quartered and sliced (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1/2cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon nutmeg
- 1cup flour
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- -- Warm Nutmeg Cream:
- 1/2cup whipping cream
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- To prepare crisp, toss apples with 1/2 cup honey, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl. Turn into 2-quart baking dish. For topping, beat flour with butter and 1/4 cup honey until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve with Warm Nutmeg Cream or ice cream.
- To prepare crea, combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.