Apple Halibut Kabobs
- Yield 4 servings
A healthy and tasty way to prepare halibut.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 baking apple, cored and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper cut in 1-inch squares and separated
- 1 small onion, cut in 1 inch squares and separated
- 1 pound halibut, cut in 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine wine, oil, lime juice, chopped onion, salt, thyme and pepper; mix well. Marinate remaining ingredients in mixture 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread apple, pepper, onion and halibut on four 12-inch or longer metal or bamboo skewers.
- Broil or grill 4 to 5 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association