Apple, Ginger and Cherry Chutney
- Yield 2 cups
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 45-48 minutes
The sweet and savory flavors of apples, cherries, and Brie or Cheddar will delight your palette.
The chutney is also delicious over pork, turkey or ham.
- 3 cups peeled, cored, apples, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 shakes cayenne pepper, to taste
- Apple slices
- Brie cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In 4-quart saucepan with lid, combine all chutney ingredients. Cover. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking until mixture is thick and apples are tender and soft, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with apple slices, Brie or Cheddar cheese, or serve on crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes about 2 cups.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association