Apple Crisp from Green Mountain at Fox Run
- Yield 4 servings
- 2 1/2 cups sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a sauce pot. Cover and stew slowly over low heat until soft.
- Spread fruit mixture on bottom of an oven-proof baking dish and let cool.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter in small bowl with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit is tender, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy Green Mountain at Fox Run