Apple Cream Cheese Tart
- Yield: 10 servings
Instead of the usual fruit topped tart or cheesecake, this graham cracker crust is covered with caramelized apples and a thin layer of “cheesecake.” All together, it’s barely an inch high.
- 1cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Apple Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 1/2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 2tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmed
- 2 (8-ounce) packages 1/3-less fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare crust, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a large bowl. Press evenly on bottom of pan.
- To prepare apple cream cheese filling, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook, turning occasionally with a large spoon, 8 minutes or until nearly tender. Arrange evenly over crust.
- Beat cheese at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar, eggs, vanilla and cream; beat until evenly blended. Pour over apples.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is slightly jiggly in the center. Cool on wire rack; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 359
- Fat 24g
- Saturated Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 114mg
- Sodium 249mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 24g
- Protein 6g