Apple Cinnamon Iced Tea
- Yield 10 servings
A fruity, refreshing variation on summer tea.
Perfect for the early part of apple season, when the weather has cooled down some, but you still want something tall and cold to drink.
- 2 quarts bottled spring water or filtered water
- 1/4 cup loose black tea leaves or 8 standard tea bags
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 medium crisp apples, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- Sugar to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a teakettle. Put tea leaves in a deep, heatproof bowl or large teapot. As soon as water begins to boil, pour over tea leaves; stir and let stand 4 minutes.
- Put lemons, apples and cinnamon in a pitcher. Strain tea through a fine wire-mesh sieve or coffee filter over fruit. Let steep at least 10 minutes before serving. Sweeten to taste and serve over ice.
Recipe by Damon Fowler.