Apple Cheddar Pizza with Toasted Almonds
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) can refrigerated, ready-made, pizza dough
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3large apples, thinly sliced
- 1cup apple juice
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1cup grated white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Press dough into pizza pan.
- Cook apples in apple juice until tender. Drain off juice and reserve.
- Place apple slices on dough.
- Dissolve cornstarch in apple juice, cinnamon, and honey. Cook over medium heat untilclear.
- Spread sauce over apples. Sprinkle pecans on top. Top with cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 440mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 8g