Apple Caramel Spice Bars
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup butter, melted
- 1/3cup chopped pecans
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1cup fat-free caramel flavored topping
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix oatmeal and cake mix in a mixing bowl, then combine egg and butter. Mixed ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly texture is achieved. Save one cup crumb mixture, add pecans to it, set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into the baking dish and bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and delicately arrange apples over the crust.
- Combine caramel topping and flour, pour evenly over apples. Garnish with remaining pecan crumb mixture.
- Bake until bubbly and sides of crust pull away from the baking dish, about 30 minutes. Watch closely as not to overcook bars.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 196
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 19g
- Sodium 207mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g