Tart Apple Cake
- Yield 18 servings
The aromas or apples and cinnamon will fill you kitchen as you bake this easy snacking cake.
"These cakes actually taste better after they are frozen. I thaw a cake and put it in a 350F oven for 10 minutes and serve."
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 6 to 8 tart apples, depending on size of apple
- Sugar for garnish
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Butter for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and chop apples and set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugar and milk and beat again.
- Mix salt, baking powder, and flour and add to egg mixture. Beat all together.
- Pour into 2 (9-inch) greased cake pans or 1 (13 x 9-inch) pan.
- Cover with apples. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
Doris Elflein, Callicoon, N.Y.