Apple Bread Pudding
- Yield 8 servings
Bread pudding is a cake-like pudding that is cut in squares.
This bread pudding may be served for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Can warm and serve with ice cream, when feeling better
- 4 cups Ciabatta bread cubes (cut loaf into cubes)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped baking apples
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray an 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add bread and apples to baking dish. Microwave brown sugar, milk and butter until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Mix cinnamon, vanilla and eggs in a separate bowl, then gradually add to milk mixture.
- Soak bread with mixture. Push bread down until completely covered in liquid and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Bake until center is set and apples are tender, usally 40-45 minutes.