Apple, Bacon and Cheese Dinner Pies
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings, and coarsely crumble bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Combine muffin mix, flour, paprika, egg and milk; stir well to form a dough. Divide into 4 portions, and put 2 portions on each of the prepared pans. Press into 7-inch circles with your fingers.
- Top each dough circle with a layer of apple slices, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold edges roughly around outer edges of apple slices. Brush apples and crust with bacon drippings. Bake 10 minutes. Top with blue cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake 7 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cut into halves and serve warm. Serves 8.
From In a Snap: Tasty Southern Recipes You Can Make in 5, 10, 15, or 30 Minutes (Thomas Nelson, 2013).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 351
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 51mg
- Sodium 662mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 3.5g
- Protein 9g