Apple and Twix Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
We embellished our pie with bats, but you can use any Halloween cookie cutters you have on hand.
- 3 refrigerated unbaked piecrusts
- 5 large tart apples, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 (7-ounce) package Twix Bites
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place 1 piecrust in an ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, flour, sugar, spices, salt and butter. Toss apples to coat evenly. Place half the apple mixture into crust. Add Twix Bites in a single layer over apples, then top with remaining apple mixture.
- Cut a small hole in the center of second piecrust, then place over apples. Fold excess piecrust under edge of bottom crust and crimp to seal.
- Unroll third piecrust. Using Halloween cookie cutters, cut several shapes to use as decorations. (You’ll have some piecrust dough left over.) Place on top of top crust.
- Place pie on center rack of oven and bake 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and inside is bubbly.
- Place on a rack and let cool completely before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g