- 3cups chopped, cored, peeled apples and/or pears, 3 to 4 whole fruits
- 3tablespoons brown sugar
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1pinch cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1pinch salt
- 6tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss fruit with brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and egg to coat. Spoon mixture into one big baking dish or individual ramekins. 2. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into mixture until topping is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. 3. Bake about 25 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Reprinted with permission from John Besh’s My Family Table: A Passionate Plea for Home Cooking (Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012).