Angel Harvest Vegetable and Potato Soup for a Crowd
- Yield 60 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 40 mins
Need to feed a crowd? Try the 5-gallon version of Helen verDuin Palit's Vegetable and Potato Soup.
- 2 gallons cubed potatoes
- 3 quarts coarsely chopped carrots
- 2 quarts coarsely chopped celery
- 2 quarts sweet peas
- 1 quart string beans
- 10 green, red or yellow bell peppers
- 8 large onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 gallon spinach
- 10 quarts water
- 1/2 pound butter
- Black pepper to taste
- Handful of dried or fresh sage
- 2 handfuls of basil, dried or fresh
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place vegetables in a 5-gallon stock pot. Add water; bring to a boil. Add butter, salt, pepper and herbs. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Note: No salt is added in this pot, allowing your guests to season to their own taste.
Recipe by Helen verDuin Palit.