Angel Hair Pasta with Pine Nuts
- Yield 4 servings
This fresh and delicious pasta can be served as a side dish or a light lunch.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Spoon into a large pasta bowl. Add the pine nuts and crush lightly with the back of a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water in a large saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the lemon mixture and toss until the sauce is absorbed. Serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).