Angel Hair Pasta with Pine Nuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8ounces angel hair pasta
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Spoon into a large pasta bowl. Add the pine nuts and crush lightly with the back of a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water in a large saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the lemon mixture and toss until the sauce is absorbed. Serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).