Amber Beer-Braised Steaks with Leeks and Gorgonzola Crumbles
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lean steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 leeks, rinsed well and chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1cup amber beer
- 1/2cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until just browned.
- Remove the steaks from the pan.
- Add the leeks to the same pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until the leeks are tender and golden brown. Add the beer and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Return the steaks to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, until the steaks are medium.
- Transfer the steaks and sauce to a serving platter and top with the Gorgonzola cheese.
— From Robin Takes 5: 500 Recipes, 5 Ingredients or Less, 500 Calories or Less, for 5 Nights/Week at 5:00 PM / by Robin Miller / Andrews McMeel Publishing
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 371
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 98mg
- Sodium 285g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 35g