Chicken Calzone with Artichokes and Spinach
- Yield servings
- Ingredients for Bread:
- 1 box Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
- 1 -- Egg
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter (divided)
- 1 cup Water (heated to 120 degrees)
- -- All Purpose Flour (for dusting)
- Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 1 -- Rotisserie Pre Cooked Whole Chicken
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 large Can Artichokes (drained and coarsely chopped)
- 1 package Frozen Spinach (cooked and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Extra Ingredients:
- 1 -- Egg
- -- Salt
- -- Pepper
- -- Fresh Garlic (2 cloves)
Step 1: Prepare hot roll mix according to package instructions. This includes the 1 egg,2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 cup hot water. Let rise for 10-15 minutes.
Step 2: Pull Chicken from bone and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Use white and dark meat. Prepare filling by mixing together the chopped chicken, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped artichokes, spinach, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 3: Flour a large surface and divide dough into 4 equal pieces. You will need flour on the surface and the rolling pin. Roll each piece into about a 6-8 inch round. Divide filling into 4 equal portions. Place the filling on the dough on one side only. Fold over the other side to completely cover. Pinch the sides together and crimp the edges. Shape into half moon shapes.
Step 4: Beat egg with a whisk, and brush on to tops of calzones.
Step 5: Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Step 6: Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and finely chop 2 cloves of fresh garlic. Mix together.
Step 7: Remove calzones and brush garlic butter on the crimped edges of the calzone.
Cut in half and enjoy.