Low-Fat Amaretto Raisin Ice Cream
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Whirl up some amaretto-flavored, raisin studded ice cream for a heavenly dessert.
- 1 cup California Raisins
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon amaretto, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 quart fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon each almond extract and vanilla extract
- Place raisins, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until excess liquid has evaporated. Let cool slightly, then puree in a food processor. Stir in remaining tablespoon of amaretto and let cool.
- Puree in a blender or small food processor until smooth; set aside. Whisk together half-and-half, sugar, extracts and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Transfer to the container of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Remove paddle; cover and chill for 30 minutes until mixture is thick, but can still be stirred.
- Drop spoonfuls of raisin mixture into ice cream; drag a rubber scraper through mixture to swirl.
- Cover again and place in the freezer for several hours or until very firm. (May be made several days ahead.)
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board