Alsatian Flatbread with Pears and Georgia Pecans
- Yield 6 servings
Served with a hearty green salad and a bowl of creamy squash soup, this quick fruit- and nut-topped flatbread makes an ideal vegetarian lunch or supper.
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1 (10-ounce) package whole-wheat pizza crust
- 1 large ripe Anjou pear
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and pecans.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet; spread cheese and pecan mixture on top.
- Quarter the pear, removing the core. Slice lengthwise into wedges about 1/4-inch thick. Arrange pear wedges on top of cheese and pecan mixture. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake flatbread 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are browned and pear pieces are soft. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission